Date:      Sat, 08 Sep 2007 11:19:53 +0900 (JST)
From:      Ken Yamada <ken@tydfam.jp>
To:        mbowie@buzmo.com
Cc:        freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: eclipse 3.3.0

  Mike,
  I used the most updated jdk1.6.0 which solved the exec() issue.  And I have no particular errors so far.

  I tried to compile it on Fedra Linux of which Java was 1.5.0 as a reference, and the compilation went without problem - it said that it ignores "Annotations" of course.

  Some I noticed and tentatively fixed with the patches except c).

  a)  One basic question with Java 1.6.0, I had a lot of errors of @Override in plugins/*jdt* that I tentatively suppressed with patch-extra-diffs.  The errors are seemingly because they annotate to override non exisiting methods in parents which by the specification yields compilation errors.  Why does other environment not having this kind of problems?  Something missing?

  b) launchertmp is expanded from launchersrc.zip which is bundled, hence there were not room to add freebsd stuff.  It is seemingly intended to be generated from features/org.eclipse.equinox.executable/library/gtk, but I could not find any description in build.xmls.  I added launchersrc.zip in files to override.

  c) eclipse_1017a.so is created in launchertmp/library/gtk and is expected to appear at plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.freebsd.x86*/eclipse_1017a.so at the end, but still it does not appear to where it needs to be.  Need to dig in to build.xml and fix it!!

  Hope these help those who downloaded eclipse-europa-dan.tgz a bit.