Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:55:05 -0800
From:      "David Banning" <david@skytracker.ca>
To:        "Daxbert" <daxbert_news@dweebsoft.com>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: proftpd config question

> > I have proftpd running successfully on my site. The problem is that I
> > don't want the initial login to take my to my -home- directory.
> >
> > I would like the opening directory to be my webpage directory.
> > I scanned the man page and the proftpd.conf file but did not see any
> > reference for this.
> >

> The following should work...
>
> DefaultChdir ~/public_html

I tried your exact line, but it does not work for me. I also tried the
absolute
DefaultChdir /usr/local/www/data

I did try
DefaultRoot /usr/local/www/data

which does work.  Now it gets more complicated because I would have most
users go to their own directories, but when I log in, I want to go to the
web folder.
Is that possible?

Thanks for the response -