Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 10:00:59 +0100
From:      Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <mekanix@vip.cybercity.dk>
To:        Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE 2.0.1 refuses to compile.

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000 02:52:40 -0500 (EST)
Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu> wrote:

> Hi, I got KDE 2.0.1 to install.  It worked from the port without errors.

Strange...

> Maybe you had crud lying around that interfered.  Did you try running make
> clean in /usr/ports/x11/kde2  ?

"crud"? The funny thing is, that the first time I tried installing 2.0.1 I couldn't use the meta-port... reported that 2.0.1 was already installed and "deinstall" didn't work. So I installed every part manually no glitches. But I wanted a clean install, so I removed every piece of KDE/Qt from my system + "make clean" and then tried the meta-port. This was when I got the error....

I've also played around with XFree4 several time (trying getting DRI working). But XFree4 *should* be installed cleanly now. Removed every bit there to and installed from scratch. But maybe something went wrong?

> How recently did you cvsup your ports?
> Some of the patches were committed recently.  Also what version were you
> running. I was using 4.2-release at the time.

4.2-STABLE and cvsup'ed my ports just a few hours before I tried installing.

Bjarne