Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 1997 18:44:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        ponds!freefall.cdrom.com!freebsd-hackers
Subject:   Re: More "dup alloc" info.

> As Thomas David Rivers wrote:
>
> > However, using:
> > 	if(cpl & bio_imask != bio_imask)
> > checks in some suspect places (i.e. scsi_done(), biodone()) I haven't
> > been able to verify this.  (That is, none of them were tripped.)
>
> I hope you wrote it as
>
> 	if ((cpl & bio_imask) != bio_imask)
>
> Otherwise, bio_imask is always equal bio_imask, and will be optimized
> away by the compiler, so the entire condition always evaluates to
> false.

 Well - look at me; manager of a C compiler group and I can't
 even get that right!!!   In the words of Homer Simpson - Doh.
 [Hmmm... maybe I've been in management too long...]

 I'm *really* glad you pointed that out,   and    I feel really stupid :-)

 I'll try these all over again...

	 - Thanks -
	- Dave Rivers -