Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2000 23:50:55 +0600 (NOVT)
From:      Alex Morozov <alex@idisys.iae.nsk.su>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mbuf structure and 802.11 frame fragments

Hello, All!

Probably my question is stupid, I'm not a guru in the FreeBSD programming
but anyway.

I see in the FreeBSD net drivers send packet procedures that those
procedures operates with the pointer to the mbuf structure to get a
packet to send. I see that this structure consists of [some] fragments
linked in a chain.

So the question is: Are these fragments suitable in size for pushing into
the card which requires the frame to be splitted into 802.11 compliant
fragments (they should be less than 1500 bytes w/o headers and CRC)? Or I
should glue those fragments together and then re-split them into
appropriate pieces? (The card is registered as ethernet and so on)

Thank you in advance, Alexey Morozov