Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2000 14:58:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
To:        Alan Clegg <abc@bsdi.com>
Cc:        David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCCard controler "sees" disk differently?

>>>>> "Alan" == Alan Clegg <abc@bsdi.com> writes:

Alan> Out of the ether, David Gilbert spewed forth the following
Alan> bitstream:
>> I'm having some problems with a pccard controller for desktop
>> computers call "Power Chute" ... It's an ISA card that attaches
>> pccards to a desktop system.
>>
>> When I insert the card on the desktop, I get:
>>
>> Aug 18 17:02:40 news /kernel: pccard: card inserted, slot 1 Aug 18
>> 13:02:46 news pccardd[282]: No card in database for
>> "(null)"("(null)")

Alan> Check the memory location that you have the power-chute
Alan> configured for.

Alan> AlanC {saw this, got it working, wear the shirt to prove it}

I don't see a straightforward way of setting the location of the
card.  The book shows two sets of jumpers ... one set the "pccard
drive number" and the other (not present on my card) set the boot rom
location.

The card number jumpers set it to card0.

How do I set or detect the location of this unit?

Dave.