Date:      Mon, 13 May 2002 20:33:38 +0100
From:      Aidan Skinner <aidan@velvet.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 4.2 minor woes

I've upgraded one of my boxes to XFree86-4.2, it's got a 4MB S3
Virge/DX card, had to do some hand tweaking of the config file to get
it too work, but it's all fine now except for two things:

1. remote X from another 4.6-PRE box running XFree86 3 no longer works
for GTK+ based applications using either ssh X forwarding or setting
DISPLAY to the remote display.

2. plaympeg, aviplay etc. all seem to use 16 colors, although gimp,
galeon, sawfish etc. don't seem to be affected.

I've had a play with different server modes, but I can't seem to
figure this out. :(

- Aidan

--
aidan@velvet.net  http://www.velvet.net/~aidan/  aim:aidans42
finger for pgp key fingerprint |Unix Programmer/Admin actively seeking work