Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:27:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Daniel Hilevich <danhil@cwnt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Loopback device and 127.0.0.1address

	Never cross-post to both -questions and -hackers, thanks.

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Daniel Hilevich wrote:

> Hi,
> Does anyone have an idea why after creating 128 loopack devices and
> configuring lo127 to 127.0.0.1 (instead of the default lo0) I am
> experiencing many problems in interprocess communication using sockets?
> Are lo0 and 127.0.0.1 (INADDR_LOOPBACK) tightly coupled?

	Errr... Haven't you just answered your own question? While we all
wish it were otherwise I think you've already shown that there are places
in the code that depend on lo0 == 127.0.0.1.

Good luck,

Doug
--
"While the future's there for anyone to change, still you know it seems,
 it would be easier sometimes to change the past"

     - Jackson Browne, "Fountain of Sorrow"