Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:09:00 -0600
From:      Nikolas Britton <freebsd@nbritton.org>
To:        Joshua Tinnin <krinklyfig@spymac.com>
Cc:        Tom Connolly <tomc@cqg.com>
Subject:   Re: (cvsup newbie questions)

Joshua Tinnin wrote:

>Well, if you build a port with make options once, then it will remember
>your make options. Otherwise, you can enter make arguments
>in /etc/pkgtools.conf, although this only helps if you know what
>arguments the ports you're installing might need.

What do you mean it "remembers" what make options I used... if I do a
portupgrade it without setting MAKE_ARGS in pkgtools.conf it will
remember my make options from the last time I built it? Also how to I
make it "unremember" make options I don't want anymore?

Also, semi related, whats this "Generating INDEX-5 - please wait.."
thing and why does it take an hour for it to generate?