Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:04:01 +0100 (CET)
From:      Herve Quiroz <hquiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
To:        Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Proposal for bsd.java.mk

Ernst,

> Nah, that's probably just the way the pkg_install works. The only
> dependencies bsd.java.mk sets at the moment are the JDK and possibly Jike=
s.

> Perhaps you could send the output that lead you to this conclusion?

In fact, I had to pkgdb -F a lot just after installing the port because 1)
my other ports were not quite up-to-date (a lot of updates these last two
days) and 2) ljakarta-log4j was registered with a lot of useless stuff
such as urwfonts, pkgconfig... If my system has been up-to-date I would
probably not have noticed it.

Anyway, there seems to be some weird behaviour with my pkgdb (some ruby
error statements) since one week or so. I will fix it up and see how the
java ports are actually registered after that... which is tomorrow ;)

Regards

Herv=E9