Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 00:28:26 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Maarten van Schie <anera@dds.nl>
To:        Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problem Installing Ports via FTP

Yes, the servers only contain RELEASE directories, so stable will
not be found.
(or you should try releng4.freebsd.org, which inhibits various releng_4 snapshots..but
AFAIK they contain the release-ports, so it'll lead you nowhere)

You could try to cvsup the ports with 'ports-supfile', farout the best way
to upgrade or maybe even install the hierarchy because it is as up-to-date
as, I expect, you wan't it to be.

Good luck,

Maarten