Date:      Fri, 02 May 2003 16:16:57 -0500
From:      "Joey Mingrone" <mingrone@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: apache / mod_ssl / mod_php4

..just a heads up.. depending on what you need, you may have to build the
php module yourself.  When you build the port it gives you a slick menu
asking which options you would like to include with the php build, but if
you pick certain combinations you'll run into trouble (For example, I've
found if I pick zlib, DOMXML, and gettext the configure will fail... gettext
by itself is fine and zlib and DOMXML will also build fine by themselves..
something about the combination??).  I've also run into trouble with
PostgreSQL and other combos.  The port will build fine but starting apache
will give something like: "Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so
into server:
/usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so: undefined symbol:
pg_encoding_to_char".  Again PostgreSQL by itself worked fine...

Joey