Date:      14 Aug 2002 20:50:05 +0200
From:      bsb <bsb@is.online.no>
To:        Justin Stanford <jus@4dds.co.za>
Cc:        mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Purchasing new notebook.. Dell Inspiron 2600 work okay with RELENG_4?

hi.

i have a inspiron 2600 and succeded installing 4.6 with X

problems i encountered:
-eisa from generic, otherwise it hangs
-the graphic card intel i830m is not (yet) fully supported
-the fan is wired. (there is a soft-patch you can use). the laptop gets
v hot. but never (yet :) had problems because of it...

otherwise it's a cool machine.

good luck