Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:09:26 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Nick Hibma <n_hibma@calcaphon.com>
To:        mikko@dynas.se
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB NIC speed?

3.7 Mbit is about 450Kb/s. You should be able to get around 600kb/s in
big transfers.

But the ballpark figure is about right. The problem is the architecture
of the devices that basically incur a 1 ms delay once in a while to read
registers, which is a separate USB transfer which takes >=3D 1ms.

Performance tuning will be done at some stage, but at the moment
stability is more important. The host scheduling errors are still not
handled properly for example.

Nick

--
n_hibma@webweaving.org