Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 16:19:02 -0800
From:      Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: finding "PMake - A Tutorial"

At 11:31 PM +0000 11/24/00, Nik Clayton wrote:
>My general feeling is that if people want to build the docs from source
>then they should track the CVS tree.  If they just want to install
>the documentation then use the tarballs or the packages from the FTP
>site.
>
>As ever, I'm prepared to be convinced otherwise.

Tracking the CVS tree is a higher level of involvement than many
users are interested in - just installing a "stable" release on
occasion is about the right level for most users.  So, by your
theory, folks who want this level of involvement should be able
to say that they want all the source code installed by clicking
a button, but should have to FTP and unpack each tarball?

Let's make it EASY for folks to have good, complete docs.  Or am
I missing the point of this exercise?

-r
Rich Morin:          rdm@cfcl.com, +1 650-873-7841, http://www.cfcl.com/rdm
Prime Time Freeware: info@ptf.com, +1 408-433-9662, http://www.ptf.com