Date:      Thu, 3 May 2001 15:46:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Duvall <maillist@coastsight.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dump is easy, how do I compare?

Hi,

I know how to get dump to work, and I have restored files off of my
tapes.  But, without restoring my files, how do I do a compare of what I
just backed up?  msbackup does this, and my supervisor is a hard core
windows user.  I am a hard core FreeBSD user, and he want's me to do a
compare on the FreeBSD tape backups.  How do I do a compare (a script
would be nice) on a tape I just backed up to with dump?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Rick Duvall