Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:13:27 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        wilko@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, mjacob@feral.com, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Initial Alpha 8200 support is integrated- Alpha Hardware.txt update?

Wilko Bulte wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 18, 2000 at 10:02:13PM -0500, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> >
> > Matthew Jacob writes:
> >  >
> >  > The initial pass at the Alpha 8200 (aka TurboLaser) has been checked in.
> >
> > Hurray!  And the crowd goes wild!
> >
> > Drew
>
> The crowd goes Wildfire ;-) Got my hands on one last week. Cool machinery.
> They also had a 19" rack full of DS10L ('Slate') machines in a Beowulf/Linux
> cluster. Pretty neat as well.

Judging by the commit messages, this looked pretty non-intrusive..  This
should be backported to 4.x so that it doesn't disappear into a
non-functioning -current while it's broken for extended periods during
merging.  If it doesn't get backported it will probably be out of
circulation for 12+ months, and it'll be easiest to do it now rather than
after things have started diverging too far.

Cheers,
-Peter