Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 2010 16:46:43 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Seeking list of "commercial companies that still have large scale FreeBSD deployment"

--/KohU7xR/z4Rz7fl

My employer has been using HP machines a fair amount over the last
couple of years (that I know of); I just received the following request
from a contact in IT:

| I had a chat with our  HP support team today try to get better
| FreeBSD support on RAID controller in DL180. One thing that they
| requested is to see ifwe can provide them a list of commercial
| companies that still have large scale of FreeBSD deployment. They
| mentioned that Yahoo is gradually moving away from FreeBSD. Do you
| have some names that we can provide them? The ideais they can take
| the list back to HP and  try to argue for more FreeBSD support.
| They hired a guy to do FreeBSD support, but he left HP and went to
| Google with his FreeBSD knowledge.

Any help?  Thanks!

Peace,
david
--=20
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.

--/KohU7xR/z4Rz7fl

--/KohU7xR/z4Rz7fl--