Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 11:41:41 -0400
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@cmiets.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 3.2 Install & 2940 UW

Hi all,

I'm trying to install 3.2 on an old system with an Adaptec 2940 UW
Controller and a single Micropolis (I know) drive.
The machine has been quickly constructed from parts and is only meant to
demonstrate a few concepts such as SAMBA and Squid.

Anyhow, on with the show.

When the system boots everything is fine.  The kernel locates the
controller, and later locates the drive.  The problems start when I try
to label and partition the drive.  Sysinstall complains that it can't
find any disks.  Ideas?  The drive is SCSI ID 0 and the controller is
SCSI ID 7.  There are not any IDE components attached to the system, so
installing onto an IDE drive is out of the question at this time.

Thanks for the help,

Jim