Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 06:44:04 -0600
From:      Joe Warner <jswarner@uswest.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disk Space

Hi,

 Can someone tell me what I can do to free up some disk space on my
FreeBSD box?  I'd like to stream-line my system and get rid of files
that I don't need that are taking up necessary disk space but I don't
know where to look or start.  As an example, I know that kernels can
take up a lot space.  When I compiled my kernel, I named it JWKERNEL but
at / I've noticed that there are 3 separate kernels: KERNEL,
KERNEL-GENERIC and KERNEL-OLD.  I know I shouldn't delete KERNEL-OLD,
since this is needed for possible system recovery.  Can I delete
KERNEL-GENERIC?  What other files can I get rid of?  Any info would be
appreciated.  Thanks.

Joe