Date:      Sat, 30 Oct 1999 13:24:49 +0100 (BST)
From:      J McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   to reinstall or not reinstalll...

OK, i know i need to spend more time trying things myself first. But now
i'm in a bit of a conundrum.  AFter several weeks of tinkering, scattering
files all over my HD, and experimenting, i have a decision to make: should
i reinstall and do everything right from the ground up this time?  I am
thinking of carefully logging everything i did, saving what files i can,
and reinstalling the system, then redoing the changes.  I figure this
might give me a lot of practice.  Up to now, my approach has been 'if it
doesn't fit, force it, if it breaks it needed replaced anyway.'

I'd like to do everything again, only much more streamlined.  Any
thoughts?

-jm