Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:21:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
Cc:        Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>, chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Feeding the Troll (Was: freebsd as a desktop ?)

On 29-Nov-01 Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> John writes:
>
>> Umm, that's called "stable", not "secure".
>
> A system that is unstable is insecure as well.  It is vulnerable to DoS
> attacks,
> for example.

That's not relevant to what you said.  You said someting to the affect that the
apps don't crash as often.  Crashing often is called instability, not
insecurity.  Very plain and simple.  More use of twisting words instead of
actually presenting arguments.  Oh well, you only make yourself look bad by
doing that. :)

>> Then again, they have so many problems with it
>> that I'm tempted to at least put a FreeBSD
>> gateway/nat box in their house to eliminate all the
>> network problems at least. :)
>
> A router is cheaper.

I can't remotely login to a router from home to fix problems for them. :)
Also, my parents are actually fairly smart, so it would give them a play system
to expand their horizons.  Not to mention using their currently idle old 486/66
for free is cheaper than the router. :)