Date:      Thu, 17 May 2001 16:06:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      User Ipt Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        dano@capitoltrading.com (Daniel Ostroff)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help in javac

	What version of java are you using?  Run this command to find out.

java -version

	If you just type in javac, does it give you a usage error message?
Do the following and see if the results are the same.

ls $HOME/usr/local/share/java
ls /usr/local/share/java

	Which one gives you javac as a command?  If the command is not found, try
looking in /usr/local for anything related to java.  I am running version 1.1.8 so my setup may be different from yours.  At any rate, you need to include the
path to the sdk commands or type out the complete pathname each time.  I set
variables like path in .login, and not .cshrc.  man csh for the differences
between these two files.

Ian

As told by, Daniel Ostroff
> I was trying to compile the .java file.
>
> Here is my .cshrc file.  I added CLASSPATH in it - perhaps that is wrong.
> How should the environment be set up?

[Attachment, skipping...]

--
Have blue screens given you the blues, go to www.freebsd.org for the cure.