Date:      Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:14:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      DH <dhutch9999@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-perl@freebsd.org
Subject:   portupgrade and bsdpan

Hi - thanks for taking the time to look this over.

When running portupgrade against bsdpan-PathTools-3.05 I rec. this error:

"Skipping 'devel/p5-PathTools' because it is held by user"

Going through the pkgtools.conf file I've noticed that bsdpan is listed in the "Held" section and therefore not upgraded via portupgrade.

Why is this the case? ( is it a licensing issue ? ).  Is there an automated method to upgrade this package?

I'm a bit new to Perl so any suggestions will be helpful.

Please cc my address in any reply - I'm not a member of this list.

David Hutchens III
Network Technician

Discover Yahoo!