Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 1997 06:07:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        ada@not-enough.bandwidth.org (Ada Lim)
Cc:        handy@sag.space.lockheed.com, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ARRGH!  NUM-Lock!!!

> > D'uh.  I can't figure it out.  It seems like somehow I need to turn on the
> > numeric keypad on my thinkpad, which is done via a <Shift>-Scroll-lock.
> > This turns the middle portion of the keyboard into a keypad, replete with
> > the "-" and "+" keys.
> Wait...  this works perfectly on my 760 - I can press shift-scroll-lock,
> the little numlock symbol comes up, and my screen changes mode under X.

I gave this a try on my 365x - shift-scroll-lock works fine on a
console and enables the numeric keypad but beeps under X. If I turn
it on in a console screen and then switch back to the X screen
something is smart enough to restore the original setting.  What's
the secret to keeping X from intercepting shift-scroll-lock?

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval