Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2000 11:27:30 +0000
From:      Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk
To:        Peter Kok <cckok00@stlinux.ouhk.edu.hk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: install mysql and apache question

> Hello

Hello!

> I have 3 problems: Hope you can solve to me.

I'll try

> 1/ when installing mysql-3.22.22 from CD
> It has  'Add of package mysql-3.22.22 absorted error cod 1'

This generally means the cd hung while installing.  Copy the package
manually to your hard disk somewhere.  Su to root (need to be in wheel
group) and manually 'pkg_add' it.

> 2/  I installed Apache-1.3.6 and configured successful
> but now I would install Apache-php3-1.3.6, Does it autmatically replaced
> the old Apache? and need configure again

I did this by removing the original package for safety.  Use sysinstall
with the media you got the apache-1.3.6 off and just unselect this
package.  It will cleanly remove this.  The pkg_add the new one.

> 3/ I used whereis command 'whereis apache'
> it showed:
> Warning: couldn't stat file /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502/man!
> apache:

Dont use this.  whereis never appears to work properly off the installation
media use the following:-

# find / | grep apache

> what is the problem?

None I hope :-)