Date:      Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:32:33 +0000
From:      Alex Zbyslaw <xfb52@dial.pipex.com>
To:        Alex Mayfield <alexmayfield@carolina.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't seem to boot from 6.0-RELEASE

Alex Mayfield wrote:

> I have tried both the 6.1 and 5.4 CD's, both of them bombing at the
> exact same point the 6.0 boot failed.  I'll try 5.5 sometime tomorrow,
> though I kinda doubt it would make a difference.  Is there anything
> else I can try?

If 6.1 and 5.4 fail then it seems really likely that 5.5 will fail too.
In your shoes I would start changing BIOS options one at a time -
anything that might have an effect like ACPI, memory holes, making sure
plug 'n' play is off.  I'm no expert on that kind of thing.  If no-one
here has any better ideas then you could also try re-posting on the
freebsd-hardware list and see if anyone there can help.  You could also
check that there is no newer BIOS for the mobo.

hth,

--Alex