Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:35:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Phelip Cray <phelipc@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NICs

Hello everyone,

I got another questions for you all. I hope you can
help me out n this one :) !

Well, I am trying to install a NIC in my BSD box.

As I whole bounch of them and I know most of them
don't really work I have been sticking each one in my
pc, booting and then doing an ifconfig -a .

In most of the cases no new adapter appears. In one
case ( a 3com ) I could see the interface ep0 there.

My question to you all is, is there any better way to
test NICs than just using ifconfig to check if the
interface is there?

Again I thank your help,

phelip