Date:      Mon, 9 May 2005 23:43:04 -0700
From:      "Darren Pilgrim" <dmp@bitfreak.org>
To:        "'Jeppe W. Larsen'" <jwl@io.dk>, <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: is this your culture?

My comments are inline to make it a bit easier to see which point I'm
addressing.

Jeppe W. Larsen wrote:
>=20
> -If you want to be seen and get status, you have to show what you are
> good at

I think a better way of putting it would be, "you have to make valuable
contributions to the project."

> -In the end, it is the code that matters most

I think it would be better to say that the ultimate goal is fast, highly
standards-compliant, well-engineered code.  There's a significant =
emphasis
on proper engineering and implementation in this project that is =
dangerously
lacking in most open- and closed-source software.

> -Wisdom and truth is defined by the experienced members

Wisdom and truth are defined by the experience of ALL members.  Even a
newbie can provide valuable information.