Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2007 23:05:37 +0000
From:      Freminlins <freminlins@gmail.com>
To:        "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mknod, devfs and FreeBSD

Kris,

On 26/01/07, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:

> Set up and mount numerous devfs file systems ;)

That is exactly what I am trying to avoid. One of the servers has 1400 sites
on it, and I really don't want 1400 devfs mounts. If the only way to do this
now is by having so many devfs mounts I am better off not upgrading, and it
is very arugable that FreeBSD has lost some functionality by forcing such a
scheme.

Really it's not hard, you just specify the devices you want with a
> simple devfs(8) ruleset.

It's not how hard it is, it's how untidy it is.

Kris

Frem.