Date:      Sat, 12 Dec 2015 02:05:19 +0100
From:      Dirk Engling <erdgeist@erdgeist.org>
To:        marcel <marcel.plouf@gmail.com>, freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Configuring network without ezjail

On 12.12.15 02:50, marcel wrote:
> No I don't get to have an IP address... Yet I have writed this in my
> host's rc.conf:
>
> jail_enable="YES"
> jail_list="thename"
> jail_guantanamo_rootdir="thepath"
> jail_guantanamo_hostname="thename"
> jail_guantanamo_ip="192.168.0.12"

Well, what you write into your rc.conf is only relevant to the
/etc/rc.d/jail script. If you're not using the script, you don't need
these variables.

You might man to look up the jail.conf(5) man page.

> and I use the command:
>
> jail thepath thename 192.168.0.12 /bin/csh

Looks like you need to create the jail first. Use the -c parameter to jail.

However I suggest to configure your jails with either a tool like ezjail
or at least start the jails with the /etc/rc.d/jail script.

  erdgeist