Date:      Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:58:23 -0600
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PREFIX is being ignored

--On Tuesday, December 13, 2005 20:28:19 -0300 Fernan Aguero
<fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar> wrote:

> +----[ Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu> (13.Dec.2005 20:16):
>|
>| I'm working on updating the iwidgets port.  For some reason, PREFIX is
>| being completely ignored when I try to set it on the cli.
>
> Do you mean by doing 'make PREFIX=xxx/yyy'?

Yes.

> Check to see if you can configure iwidgets on its own
> (without using the port) and use '--prefix=xxx/yyy'. Take a
> look at the resulting config.log
>
> Do the same thing using the port 'make configure
> PREFIX=xxx/yyy' and check config.log
>
> They both have to show the same prefix.

Neither one shows the prefix.  Here's the config.log from running configure
directly:

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:585: checking for Tcl configuration
configure:655: checking for existence of /usr/local/lib/tcl8.4/tclConfig.sh
configure:711: checking for Tk configuration
configure:779: checking for existence of /usr/local/lib/tk8.4/tkConfig.sh
configure:832: checking for tclsh

The one the port builds is identical.

When I ran make install (after running configure --prefix=blah) it
installed in the PREFIX that I set.  (There is no make step - just
configure, then make install.)

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas