Date:      Sat, 30 Nov 2002 12:21:46 +0100
From:      Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   kde3.05 port

I want to upgrade kde3 through the /usr/ports to version 3.0.5
It says that I have to delete kdelibs, kdebase and kdenetworks.
On the kde site people state these are the only parts that are renewed
to a higher version, BUT the other packages have been *rebuild* !

Now, if I use the port update, the only packages that are build are the
three mentioned; the others stay the same.

My question is: is it better to install the complete (renewed and old)
packages for kde3? If so, how do I force teh reinstall of already
installed packages?

If not, I just use the port ;-))
Anybody?

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.7 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)