Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 08:28:09 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jerry Dunham <jdunham@fc.net>
To:        lexmanno@yahoo.com (lex manno)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vi? lynx? please!

lex manno babbled:
> Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 04:43:05 -0700 (PDT)

> Neil Blakey-Milner reffering to vi wrote:
>
> > Why?  How is it 'primitive'?
>
> well: no menus, no mouse, no easy way to access all
> those impossible commands. You actually have to
> memorize them and that doesn't make your life esay,
> now, does it?

Since I memorized them many years ago, it makes my life very easy.

> > If you don't want lynx, don't install it.  People
> > would get rather upset
> > at having to install X just to look at web pages.
>
> That's exactly what I mean! Don't you think that not
> using X Windows is kind of primitive?
>
> Perhaps vi and lynx isn't useless but we have to admit
> it.. they're _primitive_

I have no intention of admitting any such thing.  I WILL admit that your
choices are different from mine.  That doesn't automatically make your
choices bad ones, though, just different.  I'll still use what works for
me.

--
Jerry Dunham                     FreeBSD             http://www.dunham.org
jdunham@fc.net               jerry@dunham.org            (512)335-0674 (H)