Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 01:44:53 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bringing LPRng into FreeBSD?

--------
I hate to follow up to myself.

I did want to add that if my logic on why the license doesn't matter
is faulty somehow, I would like to know.  The one problem that I see
people bringing up is the desire for anything that replaces lpr/lpd to
be modifiable by parties not wishing to disclose those modifications
in source form, but distribute them in object form only.

Evidentally, there are people that have done this now and would most
likely wish to do something similar with lprng if we were to import
it.

Do I have the gist of the objection understood?

Warner