Date:      Sun, 7 Sep 1997 02:06:57 -0700
From:      Jonathan Mini <j_mini@efn.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   'warning: function declaration isn't a prototype'

  I am getting warnings along the lines of 'function declaration isn't a
prototype' every time I declare a function that is void func(); (static or
public)
  Does anybody know what this warning is trying to tell me? That is, why isn't
the function a prototype, why does it do this, how do I get rid of the problem,
and why does it warn me both on the prototype for the function and the actual
declaration of the function?
  (this is source for an isa device in the kernel)
--
Jonathan Mini (j_mini@efn.org)			Ingenious Productions
Software Development				P.O. Box 5693