Date:      Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:09:45 -0600
From:      "Hauan David A" <david.hauan@fairchild.af.mil>
To:        "Pietro Cerutti" <pietro.cerutti@gmail.com>, "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Printing to a Windows

Please don't top post.

You have created a port xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on w2k3 with a queue
name of HPlaserJ ?

make sure cupsd is not running.=20

the above lpq tells me there is no lpd running on
your FBSD box, that needs to be started.
echo lpd_enable=3D'"YES"' >> /etc/rc.conf for startup on reboot
/usr/local/sbin/lpc to view the status of printers and stop/start
the lpd.

If this is a HP laserjet you will have little difficulty
getting things to work.

dave