Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:26:06 -0600
From:      "Brian Henning" <b1henning@hotmail.com>
To:        <taxman@acd.net>
Cc:        "freebsd" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   OT: mount BSD slice from linux

Tim,

Thanks for the help. It worked just as this article said it would.

Hi, you also need bsd disklabel support in the kernel.
option is CONFIG_BSD_DISKLABEL
here's a decent article on how to do it:
http://freeunix.dyndns.org:8088/site/howto/BSDfs.shtml

you REALLY don't want to try writing with it.  I hosed a test filesystem
that
way.

then you'll want to put something like:
/dev/hda3 /freebsd ufs ro,ufstype=44bsd,noauto,users,exec 0 0
/dev/hda8 /freebsd/usr ufs ro,ufstype=44bsd,noauto,users,exec 0 0

in your linux fstab file, with appropriate mountpoints for your system.
using fdisk options f,p,m you should be able to see the bsd disklabel pretty
well.  Though it is trial and error to see which FreeBSD partitions line up
to which linux parttion numbers.

Hope that helps.
Tim

by the way could you send this to the list also?  for some reason my isp
won't
deliver mail to the list.