Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:51:33 -0400
From:      William O'Higgins <william.ohiggins@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: writing pdfs

Thanks to all who, very quickly, gave recommendations, hints, references
and ports locations.  An excellent response.  I'm going to look into
DocBook and LaTex and see where that takes me.

Thanks also to those who offered help with OpenOffice, but I have come
to *profoundly* dislike Word and all its work-alikes, not just for its
file format, but for its properties as a tool.  To sum up, Word and
family is a tool, in the derogatory sense.

The last item that I forgot to mention is that I wanted a non-binary
working format that better supports versioning with cvs, which I use to
keep my laptop and desktop in sync.

Thanks again to all.
--

yours,