Date:      Wed, 6 Oct 2004 23:34:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sam <sah@softcardsystems.com>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   fdisk/geom, AoE 5.2.1

Hello again,

I've got the AoE driver ported and running on
5.2.1.  Much faster than I anticipated; the geom
interface is delightful.

I can read and write to the disk.  I cannot,
however, partition it and I'm soliciting the
list for ideas as to why.

If I fdisk -u an AoE device, fdisk claims all
was successful, but in reality nothing gets written.
Further calls to fdisk support this.

I'm probably not tickling something right.  Is it
possible I need to grease the path for the disk
partition table in geom?  I didn't see anything of
the like.  Maybe it's a tasting issue?

BTB - Is the geom(4) manpage finished in 5.3?

Thoughts much appreciated.

Cheers,

Sam