Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:23:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   65000+ accounts

Will the ~65000 account maximum in the password file be increased for 5.0
when it comes out?  If so, is it already in -CURRENT?  If not, what are my
other alternatives to using a standard password style file/db to
break through this barrier...NIS maybe?

Has anybody reached this limit and converted to something else?  I'd love
to hear about it.

On the same lines, will username length be increased from 16 ?

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
 - Don't mind me...I'm just sniffing your packets