Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 1999 12:43:37 -0600
From:      Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Implementing ioctl to set MAC address -- question.

   I'm trying to implement Bill Paul's "setmac" code in the
actual source code as a project (and will have it reviewed
before it's committed -- if I ever get that far!).  However, I'm
getting stuck in that ether_ioctl is never getting the ioctl
request.  I've added the case statement for "SIOCSIFMAC"
(probably to be renamed) to net/if.c and dev/ed/if_ed.c
(which is the card I'm using) as well as net/if_ethersubr.c.  Are
there any other files that need to know about the ioctl or am I
going about this the wrong way entirely?

--