Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 1998 08:14:10 +0900
From:      Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh <itojun@itojun.org>
To:        dphi@ix.netcom.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: nvi-m17n-1.79-970820

>I was wondering if you could build nvi with the lines for
>"configure --program-prefix=p --enable-perlinterp "
>for the next release of FreeBSD? as I am having a hard
>time getting it to work.... and I would really like to
>us perl from inside vi

	If you are taking about the change to editors/nvi, I can't enable
	perl interpreter for it.
	editors/nvi includes multilingual enhancement, and does not work
	with perl interpreter.  build-in perl interpreter will see the
	strangely encoded text, which is used internally by multilingual-nvi.

	Maybe I can add a new port, say, editors/nvi-perl, which is
	plain nvi with perl?

itojun