Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 2003 09:25:16 +0200
From:      Willie Viljoen <will@unfoldings.net>
To:        Rus Foster <rghf@fsck.me.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Displaying Slideshow on Remote Computer

On Friday 21 February 2003 1:46, Rus Foster wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Rik Scarborough wrote:
> > Someone suggested VNC, but that does not appear to control the :0.0
> > display.  I'm not sure how that is different from rlogin to the BSD box
> > and exporting the display.
>
> If you do want to control :0.0 on a remote machine
> www.hexonet.de/software/x0rfbserver/  which is basically a VNC server
> which can take :0.0

You can also install KDE 3.1. They have added built in desktop sharing
support which will let you grab the :0.0 display with any VNC client. You
would need to boot up with a keyboard and start KDE. Then move to the back
office machine and grab the KDE desktop with desktop sharing, by then, you
can go and remove everything except the screen from the front machine.

KDE's desktop sharing is *FAST*, so people looking at your machine from the
font will probably think everything is automated.

Will

> Rgds
>
> Rus
> --
> http://www.65535.net | MSN: support@65535.net
> Lifetime Linux or FreeBSD account: $100 || Lifetime Hosting: $150
> Offsite Backups - Remote System Monitoring - Email Hosting

Willie Viljoen
Freelance IT Consultant

214 Paul Kruger Avenue, Universitas
Bloemfontein