Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 1997 17:38:16 -0700 (MST)
From:      chad@anasazi.com (Chad R. Larson)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        ronr@ds9.anasazi.com (Ron Rickard)
Subject:   Concatenated Disks

I have a system that is running 2.1.7-RELEASE, and I have five 1GB disk
drives.  I want to use the drives as the spool space for an INN news
server, but I'd rather not have to handle multiple mount point issues.

I've read the man pages for ccd(4) and ccdconfig(8), and the code for
the kernel driver.  Looks like just what I need.

Before I dive in to trying to set this up, can anyone give me some
advice about concatenated disks?  Is this all known to work?  Including
mirroring and/or RAID5 parity?  What's the maximum size of a
concatenated disk?  What's the maximum size of a filesystem?

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)                          Brother, can you paradigm?
602-870-3330    chad@anasazi.com     chad@anasaz.UUCP      chad@dcfinc.com