Date:      Wed, 1 Sep 1999 13:09:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Larry Lile <lile@stdio.com>
To:        serces@mud.dk
Subject:   Re: Strange Lockup Occurring

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999 serces@mud.dk wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Larry Lile wrote:
>
> > I never managed to get ifmedia working correctly before I ran into
> > other bigger problems.  I can show you where in the code to force
> > 16Mbit.
> I'd very much like that, provided that nothing else works, I've gotten the
> information that a PCI card is definately an option, I'd also prefer that
> instead of an ISA card, which simply was chosen for the sole reason that I
> never could get the PCI card to work, which I discarded as being a too old
> machine having problems with IRQ, 'IRQ15 not served' I think the correct
> error message was, and at that point the ISA card was allready spinning at
> 4Mbit.. :)

About line 607 in if_oltr.c (/sys/contrib/dev/oltr) you should see:

TRlldSetSpeed(sc->TRlldAdapter, TRLLD_SPEED_AUTO);

Change that to

TRlldSetSpeed(sc->TRlldAdapter, TRLLD_SPEED_16MBPS);

Autonegotiation is only supported on "some" of the Olicom cards and
definately not on the TMS380 based models :(
This will force the card into 16Mb mode, you can also force it to
4Mb by changing the 16 to a 4.  If you need "switched" mode I can
tell you how to change that also.  I will get the ifmedia stuff
working once I get the driver stable again.

Larry Lile
lile@stdio.com