Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:31:00 -0700
From:      Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MFC: ISA routing support

--eVzOFob/8UvintSX

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 11:06:59PM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> Add free IRQs to /etc/pccard.conf for cards to use.

Hi, Warner.  I'm still having problems with the monster Fujitsu C-5130
that locks up on LinkSys PMPC100 card insertion.  I tried the fix
above, and found out a couple interesting things, but I'm not out of
the woods yet.

First of all, if I do the above with USB enabled (loaded as a kld
module), the machine locks up immediately on card insertion.  Without
using ISA mode, it locks up after driver allocation, and sometimes
recovers after card ejection.

*Without* USB loaded, the card attaches a device driver fine, but I
get persistent device timeouts and no data transfer.  I'll try a
couple different IRQs for the card, but 11 worked before the big
changes.

Sounds to me like there's some kind of bad interaction with sharing
irq 9 with the USB stuff.  (Non-ISA mode pcic still locks up after
driver allocation with or without USB, but that is another case of
sharing irq 9, in this case between the pcic and ed0.)

I've attached a dmesg -v from the run in ISA mode, along with the
output of sysclt -a | grep pcic and kldstat.

Let me know if there's more I can do.

--eVzOFob/8UvintSX

--eVzOFob/8UvintSX--