Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:05:29 -0400
From:      Bob Johnson <bob@eng.ufl.edu>
To:        db@traceroute.dk, ant@overclockers.at
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, nirv199@yahoo.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.6 install

> Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:07:03 +0200
> From: "Daniel Blankensteiner" <db@traceroute.dk>
> Subject: Re: FreeBSD 4.6 install

FreeBSD 4.6 Release has a known problem with some CD drives.
See the errata: http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.6R/errata.html
Note that sometimes it causes a panic, other times it simply
causes error messages.  Try the workaround in the errata and
see if it helps.

As I understand it, the 4.6.1 Release is intended to fix the
problem so that I and others ;) will be able to do an install
from CD.  It will be out soon, I hope.

> [...]

- Bob