Date:      Sun, 1 Jul 2001 16:17:25 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Technical Information <tech_info@threespace.com>, FreeBSD Advocacy <advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: BSD, .Net comments - any reponse to this reasoning?

On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Wes Peters wrote:

> was.  It was well accepted at the time that Microsoft BASIC was what
> we'd now call a "port" of the original PDP-11 (IIRC) BASIC interpreter
> to run on the 8080.
> later Commodore machines and the 6809 on the Radio Shack Color
> Computer.  I think they wrote the cartridge basic for the TI-99 also,
> but I'm not certain of that.

The BASIC interpreter on the TI-99/4 or /4A was built in.  You just had
more memory available if you had a cartridge in the slot.  :)

I don't think Microsoft wrote that BASIC, but I'm not certain either.
I've got all my TI-99/4A documentation around here somewhere.

Now I've become curious and I want to go look it up.  :)

> To do so would have made no sense, since Microsoft didn't yet have a
> platform to lock people onto.  Life was more complicated, and yet so
> much better, in those days.

So very much better....

Later......						<Doug>