Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2018 14:40:07 +0100
From:      Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure.de>
To:        Don Lewis <truckman@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: package building performance (was: Re: FreeBSD on AMD Epyc boards)

> Am 17.02.2018 um 10:09 schrieb Don Lewis <truckman@FreeBSD.org>:
>=20
> It is unfortunate that there don't seem to be any server-grade Ryzen
> motherboards.  They all seem to be gamer boards with a lot of
> unnecessary bling.

That=E2=80=99s because few people use servers to build packages.

Increasingly, all the other things related to a server are becoming =
important (fast memory, fast networking, fast I/O) and because =
everything else is expensive, it=E2=80=99s simply not economical to =
skimp on the CPU when everything else (SSD, 40GB switch ports, rack =
space etc.pp.) costs the same.